Shahir is the national Co-Chair of Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP, and formerly the Managing Partner of its Montréal office. Recipient of the Avocat émérite (Lawyer Emeritus) distinction of the Québec Bar. He sits on the boards of directors of the Business Development Bank of Canada, and was on the board of Sears Canada Inc., and of several other companies, in addition to his former role as Co-Chair of Réseau Capital (Québec’s private equity and venture capital association).
Mr. Guindi is the recipient of numerous awards including:
- The Province of a Québec’s Lawyer Emeritus Distinction in 2017.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2010 through 2017 in various sectors,
- Lexpert®/American Lawyer 500 Chambers Global.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada for several years, including 2012 where he was named Lawyer of the Year – Montréal Technology and 2016 Named Lawyer of the Year – Montreal Bio-technology; and
- Lexpert’s Top 40 Under 40 Awards (2004)